Sunday, February 26, 2012

Our wonderful Summer Haiku poems


W.a.l.t write an interesting haiku poem.

A haiku poem is a traditional Japanese poem.

Ø A haiku poem has 3 lines. 
Ø The first line has 5 syllables, the second line has 7 syllables and the third line has 5 syllables.
Ø A haiku poem has lots of adjectives and verbs.
Ø The language is powerful.

Success Criteria

I know I will be success when I:


  •  Use 3 lines.
  •   Keep to the pattern – 5,7,5
  • Be best quality work
  • Use powerful language – interesting adjectives and verbs
  • It must be about summer.

We published our poems in kidpix...take a look and let us know if you think we have met our success criteria!














3 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW Room 16. I have really enjoyed reading your 'Summer' poems. I wish I had seen more of 'Summer' this year. During the winter months I will be sure to come back to your summer poems to cheer me up.

Anonymous said...

- these are amazing c: . wow

Anonymous said...

- those are amaazing c: . wow