- Matariki is also known as the eyes of God and tiny eyes.
- Matariki is sometimes known as the seven sisters.
- Matariki is celebrating the Maori New Year
- This is time for celebrations, feasts and hangi.
- Kite flying is a way of celebrating Matariki.
- Matariki is the Pleiades constellation. The best time to see it is in early morning at the end of May and early June.
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Last week Matariki began. We have been studying about Matariki in our class. Here are some things we have learnt: